Friday, June 29, 2007

So many books, so little time...

It's hard for me to say exactly what I'm reading now. Well, not hard to say, I can say it very easily. It's hard for me to say what I'm reading now by naming one book, is the problem.

I tend to have several books on the go at once. Usually it's a combination of fiction and non, with various magazines thrown in as well, and whatever comic the hubs decides I absolutely have to read, too.

Yesterday I read Marian Keyes' "Anybody Out There". It's a lovely book--I love Marian Keyes--but so, so, so, so, so sad. Seriously. I cried. Be warned, if you plan on reading it. The trademark funny moments are there--one or two of which I'm still giggling over--but man. SAD.

Finishing it put me in the mood for more Keyes, but cheerful Keyes, which ruled out my favorite Keyes book Rachel's Holiday. So I grabbed her Under the Duvet instead, which is non-fiction.

I'm also reading Donald Maass' Writing the Breakout Novel. And Julie Burchill's The Guardian Columns 1998-2000. And Five Families, a book about the rise of the Mafia in New York (research).

I'm about to start reading a new mystery I just grabbed which looks interesting called The Red Dahlia about a Black Dahlia copycat killer in the UK, and I can't remember the author but it looks pretty good.

How many books do you read? Are you fickle like me, or are you actually grown-up? :-)

3 comments:

KaraT said...

I am very fickle like you - love to read all different kinds of books and 2-3 at a time too.

I think the author to The Red Dahlia is Lynda La Plante - haven't read it yet but want to.

Sierra Dafoe said...

I'm a one-at-a-time kinda girl (in books, at least!) but I devour 'em!

-- Sie

sierradafoe.com

Anonymous said...

Usually two or three. A historical, a paranormal and an ebook (usually erotica)