Wednesday, June 27, 2007

Just Finished Reading Pile, not time for TBR


I just got back from vacation in Mexico (have the going on 5-day food poisoning to prove it), and had such a great time catching up on a few of my TBR books. I read Laurell K. Hamilton's latest Anita Blake offering since I got a killer discount on it at Barnes and Noble. It was....okay. Not as good as the first books, and I might have skipped it if I weren't writing a lot of urban fantasy stuff these days and wanting to get a vibe for what's going on in that world now. (I have a bunch of other UF books in my TBR pile, but don't know if I'll get to them before the summer is through because all my kiddies will be home again soon, which cuts down on the reading time.)



Also read this book, "Rhymes with Witches" by Lauren Myracle. It's Young Adult, and it totally rocked. I've been reading a lot of YA the past year because I wrote my first YA. As I'm hoping to get started on my second this July/August, I thought I deserved a little YA treat to get me in the mood and this one was just great. One part horror, one part "Mean Girls", it just...well I highly recommend it is all I'm saying.

Have a great Wednesday!

Anna J. Evans

No comments: