Tuesday, June 19, 2007

My favorite books

Yeah, I've got a lot of comfort books. Probably why I have 66 feet of shelving full of fiction books. Hmmm...I think my top comfort books are Mercy by Julie Garwood, Now You See Her by Linda Howard and Northern Lights by Nora Roberts. Well, Northern Lights is more my audio comfort book. I'm planning on chilling out to it on my road trip in two weeks.

My second tier of comfort books are Welcome to Temptation by Jenny Crusie, any number of Nora Roberts/JD Robb books, the newest book by Lynn Kurland, Kay Hooper, Amanda Quick/JAK, Julia Quinn, Christine Feehan's Ghostwalker and Carpathian series, Sherrilyn Kenyon's Hunters series, Stephanie Laurens' Cynster series, and a few more. I'm always picking up new authors, and I'm also willing to leave authors if they no longer bring me comfort. Hate to do it, but sometimes, it's needed.

Like I said, I've got about 66 feet of fiction titles and probably about 40 feet of non-fiction. As for electronic books, at last inventory, I've got over 100 titles. Did I ever mention how much my brother and one cousin cursed me as they helped me move a few months ago? Just being around books gives me comfort. A lesser reason why I became a librarian as my day job :)

1 comment:

Sherrill Quinn said...

You've named a lot of my favorite authors, Kelly. The last time I moved I had almost 50 boxes, and probably 3/4s of them were books. One of the moving guys kept saying, "Single people don't usually have this many boxes..." LOL