Friday, June 8, 2007

Well, like Sherrill, I never go anywhere. We can't afford to travel, and we don't have babysitting, and vacations with little kids usually aren't all that great.

I do like to travel, though. We went to Edinburgh on our honeymoon, and it's still one of my favorite cities in the world. It's beautiful. It's full of history. The people are incredibly nice. We walked the Royal Mile and drank tea and watched a piper in full highland regalia outside the new Scottish Parliament building. We saw the spot at Holyrood House where Riccio was killed and walked in the gardens and had a fantastic time. I want to go again and do a ghost walk one of these days.

My favorite American city is Washington DC. I've been there a couple of times and just loved it, everything about it. It's a beautiful city. There's tons of interesting things to do, many of them free or very cheap. I went last time with an ex-boyfriend and we sat and ate lunch on the steps of the Supreme Court building. I saw Lincoln's bloodstain on the pillow at the house where they took him after he was shot. I can't remember if we went into Ford's theatre or not, though. I've been to the Washington Monument and the Smithsonian and...I just love Washington. I'd love to live in that area but it's sooo expensive.

Where do I want to go? Hmmm. Ireland. The hubs and I have been talking about going to Tunisia, because it's apparently safe and inexpensive, and they still hjave some of the Star Wars sets there. And you can ride a camel.

I'd love to go to Russia too, and Holland. I'd like to go to Munich because Elizabeth Peters set a few books there.

Where would you go?

No comments: