Wednesday, July 11, 2007

Worst Holiday EVAH!!



Awww...Hawaii! One of the most beautiful places on earth. The ocean is the perfect temperature and the waves in April are big enough for fun, but small enough that you needn't fear being crushed upon the rocks.



The sunsets are gorgeous, the temperature warm and balmy without being sweltering.


The flowers and gardens are unrivaled. They are everywhere, even in your salads, even sitting on top of your omelet when it comes in the morning.


Some very fine snorkeling, easy to get to if you rent a car (which was surprisingly affordable.)


I went there on my first honeymoon. (No that's not me, just generic wedding people). And I had a good time, in spite of the fact that I had a sick feeling in my stomach the entire vacation. Something was wrong. Me and the new hubs were fighting way too much for newlyweds. Gone was the man who had cried when I'd tried to give back his ring, and had somehow convinced me to elope to Vegas rather than call off our wedding entirely. Back was the man who would fight me on the smallest issue, and who made even a trip to paradise, at times, a total pain in the ass. It was during this vacation, my first honeymoon, that I began to suspect I'd made the biggest mistake of my life...



Next time I'm going to bring my second hubs, my best friend and the best man ever. And we're going to have a much less volatile, more lovable trip. I just know it. Because what's not to love about Hawaii, and we are nothing if not easily entertained when in each other's company :).

Anna J. Evans

No comments: