Friday, July 27, 2007

Mmm, mmm, blood

I looove vampires. I always have. Ever since I was a kid and saw Love at First Bite. I though George Hamilton was so, so cool in that--I already had a bit of a crush on him from Zorro the Gay Blade--and the idea of living forever and getting to stay up all night was unbelievably appealing.

And still is, frankly. Plus I think blood is sexy. I think biting is sexy. I thank power is sexy. Vampires--at least in fiction--tend to hit all three of those buttons.

Like Anna, I thought writing some funny vampires might be really cool and different a few years back, because I'd never realized some of that was out there already either. And honetly, while I love my own funny vampires, I think they're funny because they have good senses of humor, not because anything about them is particularly funny. I'm not a fan of spoofs, although I have written one.

But the vampire still does it for me. He's big, he's dark, he's strong, and he can grant me eternal life. What's not to love?

(I admit, shifters and weres don't do it for me at all. I just don't get it, unfortunately--it is a shame because I know how popular they are, but they leave me cold.)

2 comments:

Sherrill Quinn said...

Now, Dee, how can weres leave you cold when they come with their own fur coats? *G*

Sierra Dafoe said...

LOL, Sherrill! Not everyone is a were-lover, and that's okay :-)

December, I totally agree with you on the staying up all night part! That just cracked me up :D

-- Sierra