Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Bad vaca!

I've spent the morning trying to think of some bad memories to share. I've done a lot of travelling over the years. Growing up, my family usually took one big vacation a year, and usually drove. As an adult, travel is one of my favorite pastimes. You'd think with the frequency of my travel, there'd be some good fodder for this post. Especially as I'm the oldest of five kids! But, noooooo...

The problem is, with my family, if something bad happens, when we look back on it, we find the humor in the situation. In Ireland last year, one of our rental cars attracted dents like nobody's business. Thing is, after the first one, on the back right corner, we had to laugh at the others. Reason: my dad caused the second dent, on the back left corner, and the third dent was on the front right corner. Only one corner returned undented :D

Probably the closest thing to a bad memory is the road trip out to Colorado from Chicago when I was five. I acted like a typical five year old, my mom was recovering from giving birth to my middle brother two and a half weeks earlier, and it was freaking hot!

So, are my family members and I nutters, or do you have a vacation that had bad things happen, but now you can only remember it with humor?

No comments: