Monday, May 28, 2007

Where I Write

I live in a two-bedroom casita (about 900 square feet) with a small but private back yard. The second bedroom is set up as my home office, with a small desk, computer, a fairly comfortable chair and three bookcases overflowing with books. Reference books at my fingertips, plus lots and lots of fiction.

You'd think that'd be where I park my butt to write, wouldn't you?

It isn't. I do better with my feet up, so I'm usually in the living room on either my recliner or the sofa, laptop perched on a lapdesk on my thighs. Most times I have the TV on but, if I really need to concentrate on a particularly difficult scene, I'll tune the TV to the classical station on Music Choice. And if it's not too hot outside, I take the laptop out to my patio and work there--even my patio chairs have ottomans so I can put my feet up!

As long as I have a mongo glass of iced tea, I'm all set.

Nothin' glamorous 'bout me!

If you're here in the States, enjoy your Memorial Day. Otherwise, happy Monday!

No comments: