Tuesday, May 29, 2007

I was going to post a picture...

...but my desk is still a mess. It's piled with papers I either need to file or shred. I like my desk for writing because I've gotten used to sitting at a computer when I'm writing. Even when I'm using my PDA and portable keyboard, I need to be at a table. I put my earphones on and set my iPod to my "JustMusic" playlist and put my mind to writing. My desk sits in a corner of the living room of my apartment, unfortunately within easy reach of the TV. Heck, my computer is continuously connected to the Internet, another perpetual distraction. Unlike Sherrill, I don't have a second bedroom to turn into an office (though I'd *love* one). At least my desk is out of my bedroom which was my previous living arrangement.

While I do my writing at my desk, the majority of my ideas come to me either in the shower or as I'm falling asleep. Sometimes I remember to keep a pad of paper and pen on hand by my bed, but only rarely. What I'd love to find is something I could write notes on in the shower. Anyone have any ideas?

No comments: