Wednesday, May 2, 2007

Like trying to pick which kind of rotted food you'd rather ingest

That's how I feel about this topic. How can I pick the 'most hated' household chore when I hate them all--with the possible exception of making my bed. There's something satisfying about that despite the fact that we'll only be getting back into it at the end of the day.



I hate cooking because none of my ungrateful children ever seem to enjoy my meals and I end up cleaning up the mess before my food's even digested because I can't stand sitting there, staring at the scattered remains of the kids' meals which are strewn all across the table and the floor. I swear, little piglets can't make a bigger mess at their trough than my kids.

I hate dusting. I hate cleaning toilets and showers and tubs. I really really hate sweeping the kitchen floor and mopping it afterwards. I hate battling the laundry for five people. I just...well, I could go on and on. I'm a stay at home mom writer, however, so I'm expected to do many of these things. So I do them...and our house is clean, and after three loads of laundry a day our clothes are as well. Blechk!!

I'm in a horrible mood now, just thinking about this!! Oh well, guess I'd better go obey the braying laundry god who is summoning me to the laundry room even as we speak, demanding tha I pay homage to him by folding a load of whites.

Anna J. 'housework can suck my ass' Evans

In other news, check out my May Newsletter :)

5 comments:

Sherrill Quinn said...

Amen, sistah! And I only have to keep track of and clean up after myself, not 4 other people.

Anna J. Evans said...

After three it's kind of all just...chaos Sherrill. I can't remember the last time I had just me since I've always had roomates, lol.

Anna

Unknown said...

*claps*

I agree with most of that. Except sweeping. I find it rather soothing. And I too like making my bed. I think it's because I like my bedspread and it's really colorful and pretty so I want to see it each day.

Anna J. Evans said...

Hey JC,

Yes, a good bedspread MUST be part of it. I never enjoyed making my bed as much before I got the one I have now. It's pale yellow with all these oriental birds that look painted on. Kind of shabby chic meets asian bordello. I love it :)

Thanks for stopping by and reading!
Anna J. Evans

Sierra Dafoe said...

LOL, Anna! Oh man. And here I am, whining about picking up just after my hubby! Kids are different, though; it never irked me picking up after Josh the way it does with Eli. And Josh (gotta love that kid!) helped. Cheerfully, for the most part.

God, I got tired just reading your post!