Friday, May 18, 2007

And I have a dirty mind

Lol, it seems my buddies here are all writing about romantic sexy songs, soft soul music (I can't believe nobody's mentioned Barry White).

And here I come, with "I Wanna be your Dog" by the Stooges, and the Nine Inch Nails cover version of Queen's "Get Down Make Love".


Video for Get Down Make Love (there are some mildly NSFW images):



(Wait until you get about 45 seconds in. I promise you, this is one sexy-ass song.)



This next one isn't a video, it's just an image with the song played over it:




I'm not sure what it is about this song, it's just always really grabbed me. Something about the total submission implied, maybe? The moodiness of it? I dunno, but damn it does grab me.

(Oh, and by the way? I love Elijah Wood, I really do, but I just can't see him playing Iggy Pop in a movie. I may be proved wrong, but I just don't see it.)


There are a few others, too. I like Bill Withers' "Use Me" a lot. I think "Don't Fear the Reaper" by Blue Oyster Cult is pretty romantic and sexy. Sinatra, of course. (I also really like James Darren for old standards, he has a smooth, light touch (vocally, of course. I've never met the man.)

I know there's more...probably on the iPod I'm too lazy to go grab...but the NIN and Stooges songs are my big ones.

If you've ever read one of my sex scenes and wondered what I listened to when I wrote them (which of course you have, right? Lol), that's it. Almost every time. (I mix other stuff in there too, but those are the have-to-hear sexy songs.)

3 comments:

Amy said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Amy said...

Sorry, couldn't get the video link to work properly, not matter what I tried. I'm going to email the link and see if blogger allows you to use the URL, and you can post the link if you like. Sexiest video ever, IMO.

Anonymous said...

I so totally made out to Don't Fear the Reaper when I was 17.