Tuesday, May 22, 2007

The appeal of the "common" guy

I'm watching the season finale of "Dancing with the Stars" tonight. Upfront, I'm a teensy mad that I really like all of the finalists. Why? Because they all seem to have nice, neat and fun personalities. However, I'm rooting for Joey. Again, why? First, I think it's the "entertainers" turn after two seasons of athletes winning. Second, out of all the 'N Sync boys, he's the one I liked best. He was the one who seemed most like the guys I could randomly meet in my neighborhood. A Guy. Not a Star. Then I saw "My Big Fat Greek Wedding" and while he had a bit part, he stole the movie for me. I like a sense of humor in my men to go along with a good looking face and bod, and Joey? He's got humor in spades. Okay, the show's starting, so I'll report back with my thoughts after the penultimate elimination and the crowning of the winner.

3 comments:

Kelly Maher said...

Ookay, forgot that Jerry Rice actually lost to Drew Lachey. Still, I'm for Joey ;)

Kelly Maher said...

I knew I would be bummed no matter who got cut tonight. I've known about Laila Ali for years, but now, she's definitely one of my heroes. I'm a large woman also, and she takes such pride in her body, while still acknowledging some issues. I wish all three could have been named the winners.

Kelly Maher said...

Yes, I'm bummed that Joey didn't win. BUT, I'm also pleased Apolo won because he exemplified the athleticism of dancing and the precision involved. I'm also pleased by Joey's reaction. You could tell he was disappointed he didn't get the trophy, but he didn't begrudge Apolo winning. Last season, you could tell Mario Lopez and his partner thought they'd been cheated when Emmitt Smith and Cheryl Burke were announced the winners. So props to all three finalists and congratulations to Apolo and Julianne on winning!