Thursday, August 30, 2007

Anna gives great blog!

Okay, so that's my really cheesy way of admitting I'm not too together on the blog thing today -- but she does! :-)

A day in the life? Hah! It's the end of summer crunch right now and I can barely remember today, let alone whatever a "usual" day looks like. I've got one book that has to be in before I run away for the weekend, three more I've got to get finished up by the end of September -- and a project I'd really like to squeeze in if I can find the time... Plus, because I'm nuts like that, I'm currently in the middle of a major site overhaul -- two a.m. this morning I finally got the damn drop-down menu working (thank you Fiona!) -- you should see my desk. There are, at rough estimate, forty-seven different-sized pieces of paper with notes, comments to myself, things I have to remember to do.... Every couple of hours I go through 'em, wad a few up, and chuck them in the vague direction of the trash can.

Oh yeah, and it's a release day :-)

Actually, even when they're as madcap as this one, release days are what make it all worthwhile -- another story out, done, published, and ready to be enjoyed. There is nothing like the feeling of getting a note from a reader, or getting the opportunity (which I have a couple of times) to watch somebody read your stuff, listen to them chuckle to themselves or even laugh out loud... That's the best. Well, that and being able to pay the electric/mortgage/car insurance/internet/groceries... Yeah, this is how I buy my shampoo. God, I miss Pantene!

Hopefully one day Pantene will be an option again. In the meantime, I am madly trying to keep up at the best job in the world, my wrists ache, my eyes are blurry, my dog is starving for attention... but there's another story almost done, and another after that just waiting to be told, and a shiny new website that really will be done eventually!

This is Sierra, signing off -- see you in September!

Just released! Shifter Sisters 3: Stray Cat Strut! Persia finally gets her story -- and her man!

2 comments:

Anna J. Evans said...

Thanks Sierra!!! Hey, life happens man. I'm just glad I did this post the other day so I could steal from myself, lol.

anna j evans

Sierra Dafoe said...

LOL! I wandered around on your blog for almost an hour, reading, before I remembered to post the other day. You have a true gift for humor, honey!

-- Sierra

sierradafoe.com