Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Can't get them out of my mind

I have three different projects I've been working on in bits and pieces for almost two to three years. Normally, I hate talking about works in progress because I feel like talking about them jinxes the project. Considering how long I've already been working, enh.

Project #1
Short novel of historical erotica. I enjoy reading erotica from or set in the Victorian/Edwardian eras and I thought I'd try my hand at it. Lots of hawt sexual encounters have happened to and are in store for our heroine. Current status: 1/3 - 1/4 written depending on how long I actually let it go. Current plan for working on it: hope to finish it by February '08, and is officially #3 in my queue after I write a short story and review an older completed project to see if it can be whipped into shape.

Project #2
An erotic fantasy novel. Set on another world, the hero is sent on a quest to recover a kidnapped high priestess. His decreed companion: a female servant of the temple who is also pledged to the service of the god of sex, who happens to be his half-brother. Current status: First chapter and synopsis written. Current plan for working on it: maybe sometime in '08 depending on some feedback.

Project #3:
This is actually a series. Vampires, werewolves and witches in a post-apocalyptic world trying to co-exist with each other and the humans that are left. I have a short story already written in this world, but it's been proposed I lengthen it. As it's really more of a bridge story between the first story in the series and the third, I need to finish at least the first one before re-proposing it. The way the series came about is a bit offbeat as I got ideas for the first and third stories right around the same time. I didn't connect the two of them though, until I got the idea for the short story. I've been dying to finish working on this project, but I'm a little hung up on the first book. Why? Our heroine is introduced as she's murdering someone. Kind of hard to figure out why she's doing that as she's been pretty close-lipped with me. It's still simmering in my brain though. Current status: first story, 7,250 words written out of about 100K planned, bridge story complete, third story is simmering. Current plan for working on it: 2008, probably after project #1.

No comments: