Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Normal? What's normal?

This week's theme of "A Day in the Life" is kind of hard to wrap my head around. I don't really have a typical day because my work schedule is always under threat of being changed at the last minute. I truly enjoy my day job, though, so it's not such a hardship. I have managed a few ideal days in the last few weeks, however.

My ideal schedule:
- Crawl out of bed with enough time to dress, eat breakfast and brush my teeth before I have to be at work.
- Work at the day job for about four hours.
- Come home for my lunch hour to eat and work on non-day job/other profession or writing-related, but not actually writing, projects.
- Go back to work for about another four hours.
- Come home and unwind by knitting, reading, watching tv, etc., eat dinner.
- Around 9p (if not a little earlier), hunker down to write for about an hour. If I'm on a roll, I can usually crank out between 600-1000 words in this time. To give you an idea, The Man from H.A.T.H.O.R. is about 13,000 words.

That's when I'm in writing mode. Now, for instance, I'm in editing mode. I've also got some non-day job/other profession projects breathing down my neck, so my "unwind" time is really more "what work can I cram in here?" time. My schedule is pretty wacky, but it works for me :)

No comments: