Friday, August 24, 2007

Stuck in the middle...

Or really, the beginning...


I have a few projects that stalled, that I can't seem to give up on. It's hard to give up on a book anyway, because you liked it well enough to start it, but it's especially hard when you KNOW it could be such a good book but you're so swamped with other stuff you just can't seem to get there.

I have two medievals, one set in the 13th century and another in the late 15th immediately after the Battle of Bosworth. Being a Ricardian, the characters in this one are particularly close to my heart--she was a double agent working for Richard III, he was a soldier fighting for Richard who survived the battle and is blackmailing her to hide him. I'm so crazy about the characters and the story, but I just don't have time to work on it--I've had the first chapter or so written for almost two years.

I have a great idea for a paranormal I've been ruminating on and loosely planning for about a year.

I have a vampire paranormal I started a year ago that just needs a little more tweaking before I can send it in--I've been working on it on and off for months.

One day, I'll have time to write them all...sigh.

No comments: