Friday, September 21, 2007

What would I be Doing?

Hmm. Ideally I'd be married to a millionaire, sitting on our yacht sipping cocktails.

Other than that? Maybe a carpenter.

I'd actually really like to be a carpenter. I see them and I'm jealous. I'd love to be able to work with my hands like that, to make things, really make them from raw materials. I'd love to be able to use big tools. I'd love to hammer things. (When I got my first apartment I made a special trip to buy a hammer, and I felt so cool and grown up and womanly. I owned a hammer! I could hammer things. It was a special moment.)

Because my Dad and brother are big gearheads, being a mechanic always hovered in the background for me too. I like cars. I'd like to know how they work, how to fix them. They're like little mysteries, and who can resist a mystery?


I guess what all those jobs have in common is they're all about fixing and creating. And tools. Which writing erotic romance and urban fantasy incorporates pretty smoothly. :-)

No comments: