Wednesday, September 19, 2007

One lucky bastardess

That's what I am. I have three jobs and I wouldn't trade any of them in for something better. There's nothing in the world I'd rather do than what I'm doing. Writing books has been something I wanted to do since I was seven years old and the fact that I actually got to see that childhood wish come true is just...a blessing. (Sorry had to get a little corny there for a second.)



My second job is as a freelance photographer for our state's paper. I've only been working this one for about a month, but I'm LOVING it! Photography is by far my favorite hobby and to see a hobby start to bring in some money and additional opportunities for tax deduction, well, there ain't much better than that. And I get to go cool places and meet interesting people and have a good excuse to get up in their faces and snap away. Awesomse stuff (and a good excuse to ask for a camera upgrade for Christmas I do believe, lol!)



And my third job, which I couldn't decide to talk about first, or save until last. Those three up there on the bottom bunk. Helping raise these kids is by far my hardest and most time consuming job, but also the most rewarding. Until I had Roo, I had no idea I was capable of such fierce, fantastic love. And until I started helping raise the girls, I had no idea I was capable of loving kids that weren't 'mine' biologically in that same all-consuming way. But now, I don't know what I'd do if we lost one of them or they decided to go live with their other parent instead of me and the hubs. I love them so much, and am willing to do whatever it takes to see all three grow into strong, confident, loving grown-ups who are as well-equipped for life as I can help make them in my job as 'mom'.

Sniff! Talking about that third job always gets me choked up. Speaking of, gotta go wake those kids up.

Happy Wednesday all,


Anna J. Evans
http://annajevans.com

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Ahoy! I love your photographs! And those kids aren't too bad, either!

Anna J. Evans said...

Lol! Thanks Lillian. Glad you could sail ye ship by this port o call ;)

I am SO good at talking pirate, right?

Anna J. Evans