Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Most influential book/s

My life has always been full of books since I was a baby. My dad is a *huge* pleasure reader. It's hard for me to think of one book that's had the most influence on me. The book I remember most from when I was a wee child is "One Fish, Two Fist, Red Fish, Blue Fish" by Dr. Seuss. The next book I remember marking a milestone for me was "Bunnicula" by Deborah and James Howe because it was the first book I read which was around 100 pages (99). After that, "The Witch of Blackbird Pond" by Elizabeth George Speare really struck a chord. I think it's probably the first time I read a book and realized the part of the plot I liked best was the development of the relationship between Kit and Nat. A couple of years later, I read "Strictly Business" by Leigh Michaels, my first "adult" romance. It's been downhill ever since :)

1 comment:

Sierra Dafoe said...

I find it absolutely fascinating that three of us, at least, really imprinted on The Witch of Blackbird Pond. And oh, Nat Eaton and Barbados? What more could any girl possibly want? :p

-- Sie