Monday, April 30, 2007

That Dreaded "H" Word



Housework. Yuck. I think most people don't mind doing housework, although they certainly have least-favorite tasks.

Me? I hate them all.

Vacuuming, dusting, cleaning the kitchen, the bathrooms, loading and unloading the dishwasher, doing laundry... You name it--if it's considered to be housework, I hate it.

Why? Cuz I'm a lazy-butt, that's why. Fortunately, though, I'm not a slob, so I do live in relative cleanliness. I'm just completely in a foul mood while I'm cleaning, and it doesn't take much to make me cuss while I'm in that mode. (Well, really, it doesn't take much to make me cuss regardless...)

But I really hate housework.

Please tell me I'm not the only lazy-butt out there...

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nope, not the only one. I despise housework...and it's a shame since I'm a stay at home mom right now *lol* In fact, I have a stack of ironing sitting on the bed waiting for me, laundry from yesterday still covering my couch ready to be put up and a basket of whites waiting to be folded -matching the socks really tops a foul mood- . I'm a bit of a clutterbug, but I can't stand my house to be filthy. Go figure. Just lived in ;) I'd much rather be watching tv or writing or reading. :)

Sherrill Quinn said...

Me, too, Marty! Give me the sofa with a good TV show or a book, with my laptop, and I'm happy. I'm just getting ready to do a load of laundry, but I have to put away the clean clothes (that I washed a week ago) in the laundry basket first...

Anna J. Evans said...

me too...god, I am dreading blogging about this too, lol.

anna

Sherrill Quinn said...

LOL Anna. Can't wait to see what you have to say! :)

Kelly Maher said...

Oh, you're not the only one. If I had more mental energy, my post would have been much more invective-filled than blurgh. Have to say, my mom is shocked that I even own an iron and ironing board. I am considering turning the board into a temporary blocking board for my knitting, though :)

Sherrill Quinn said...

LOL Kelly. I have been known to completely change an outfit because one little piece (like the facing of a blouse) needs ironed, and I don't wanna do it. *shaking head* Lay-zee-butt!