Tuesday, April 17, 2007

What happened to spring?

This will be short because the library where I'm hopping onto the wireless network is closing in 15 minutes. I've been driving around part of the state today, getting to know people who I help in my daytime profession. It's been a gorgeous day, and I've had the window down for most of it. This time last week, the temps were barely above freezing! I want to know what happened to Spring 'cause it feels like it went from winter to summer as I saw a bank's time/temp sign reading 84 degrees! I think spring happened when we weren't noticing. There was a stretch of days back in March where the temps were in the 60's and 70's, but that was a jump up too. I know spring's supposed to be unpredictable, but this has been a crazy one, even by Midwestern standards!

One other benefit to today was I got to see pelicans in the wild! I stopped and took some pictures, but I don't have my camera cable with me, otherwise I'd upload them here. Today's been the first day I've really had a chance to appreciate everything that means spring to me: birds I haven't seen in a while, the scent of cut grass permeating the air, and being able to drive with the window down, wind blowing through my hair. I'm just crossing my fingers we don't fall back into the freezing temps again next week!

1 comment:

Sherrill Quinn said...

How totally cool about the pelicans, Kelly. The last time I saw live pelicans was in La Joya, California, on vacation a couple of years ago. We went to see the seals (of course), and had a treat with watching pelicans flying around.