Friday, April 20, 2007

Spring!

I was thinking, as I clicked the "New Post" button, how I was not going to call this post "The Rites of Spring" because, aside from not being about rites at all, I'm so tired of that cliche. My weariness for the phrase usually starts by about the sixth time I see it, which happens every spring.

So as I congratulated myself on my cleverness, I realized that I had in fact typed "The Rites of Spring" into the little title box.

Doh!

Another doh!--I planned to take a photo of the spring blooms around here, but didn't get to it. Sorry.

For the record, it's totally spring here, all of the sudden. Two weeks ago the skies were gray and the temps hovered around freezing. Now the skies are blue and we're in the 70s every day. Gorgeous weather.

I'm sure it will revert. I remember last year having to wear a jacket in June. But for the moment, it's nice.

And why do you care? You probably don't. But I do, because with the return of the sun I'm also finding a ovely return to productivity for myself. It's bad in that it gives me less time to blog and do my online buddy stuff, but more actual writing gets done.It's funny, because spring used to have the exact opposite effect on me. I used to get spring fever so, so badly that I would be unable to concentrate on anything. I'd run around outside in a t-shirt when it was 50 degrees outside just because it felt a little warmer than it had. I remember begging to be allowed to pull weeds outside my job just because it meant I could be outside.

Do you find that spring makes you more productive, or less?

2 comments:

Anna J. Evans said...

I think I'm more productive because I want to hurry and get the work done so I can get outside, lol.

But not really this spring. My 2 year old can't take the pollen so we've been inside cats lately. It sucks, but so does giving him multiple breathing treatments so...choose your poison I guess.

Hugs, happy friday!

Anna

Stacia said...

Well the Princess has decided she's afraid of wind, so we're indoor cats too. :-) I'd love to take them and my Alphasmart to the park or something, but if it isn't the wind it will be a lawnmower or sprinkler or something, so...