Tuesday, April 24, 2007

What seduces me...

The first movie lines that ever seduced me:

Alexei Kolchin: In Union of Soviet, when I am only young boy, many are saying, Americanski are bad people, they will attack Russia. So all mistrust American. But I think that I do not mistrust American... not really sinceriously. I wish not to hate... anybody!
[He throws a stone into the sea]
Alexei Kolchin: This make good reason to you, Alison Palmer?
Alison Palmer: Well, of course it does. It doesn't make sense to hate people. It's such a waste of time.

I was only six at the time, but John Philip Law was HAWT! For me, lines that seduce me aren't always what you'd consider particularly sexy, but when you factor in whose mouth they're coming out of and the context, they just melt me every time. Once again, context:

Little John: Let me introduce you to my best friend: Will Scarlet.
Scarlet: Scarlet's my middle name. My full name is Will Scarlet O'Hara.
[pause]
Scarlet: We're from Georgia.

Matthew Porretta, so hot.

Ramon Sanchez: So, uh, what's your interest in Kate Libby, eh? Academic? Purely sexual?
Dade Murphy: Homicidal.

and

Mrs. Murphy: What did you learn in school today?
Dade Murphy: Revenge.

Jonny Lee Miller, king of my college-angst dreams.

Yes, most of the most seductive lines in movies for me have just a tad bit of sarcastic edge to them, but the men, oh the men...yes, I'm off in my own little world and I hope you all are too thinking about those lines that send you into burning fits of lust :)

No comments: