Tuesday, April 3, 2007

Worst job evah...

I've been lucky with my jobs. Even my worst job ever, and it was bad, wasn't as bad as it could have been as everyone who I worked with was great. My worst job ever? I was an auto claim adjuster for an insurance company in a major metropolitan area. Can we say overwhelmed? I'm not naming the company because I would do business with them as a client, I just know I never want to work that kind of job ever again in my life. It is so very soul-sucking to assign monetary values to someone's pain and suffering if you can't find a way to distance yourself. I've never been that good at distancing myself. I'm not complaining though, because a truly bad job is one where you don't learn anything at all. With this job, while I left it almost a complete basket case, I finally committed to trying a profession I had put off even considering. I'm now in a profession I love, well, two of them, and a day job that I'm really enjoying. All roads lead you to where you need to be, it just gets *really* bumpy at times.

4 comments:

Sherrill Quinn said...

"All roads lead you to where you need to be, it just gets *really* bumpy at times."

Boy, you hit it right on there, Kelly. Luckily you discovered your true passion early on. :)

Anna J. Evans said...

Hey Miss Grace,

Ack! Telemarketing! Kudos to you for managing it with one manager :). I was a complete failure, lol.

anna

Kelly Maher said...

Oh man, best of luck Miss Grace. I have one friend who seems to have the worst luck in getting bad and, at times, toxic bosses with almost every job since I've known her.

Sierra Dafoe said...

Kelly, OMG. Yup. That is a job I wouldn't have lasted three days at. Oh, man.