Wednesday, March 14, 2007

New Beginnings: New March Resolutions



This guy looks like he's looking forward to the future with a happy heart. That's the only reason I chose this picture of course...it had nothing to do with the fact that he's totally yummy, lol.

For those of you who don't know me, I'm Anna J. Evans. I write for Ellora's Cave, Liquid Silver books, Whiskey Creek Torrid, Lady Aibell Publishing, and have several other irons in the fire. I started writing erotic romance in early 2005 and have, since then, sold almost twenty shorts, novellas, and novels. I also cowrite with the lovely December Quinn--another deliciously naughty writer--and our first Ellora's Cave menage As the Lady Wishes will be out in 07. I can't imagine anything I'd rather do than sit down at the computer and make words everyday, so thanks so much to my readers!

For those of you who do know me and were with us when we were the Indulge Authors, I'd like to thank you for continuing on the next stage of our journey with us. We've all grown as writers, as friends, and as like-minded people and are excited to share our love of good books with each other and all of you. Though it's a little sad to see Indulge end, I couldn't be more excited about the Deliciously Naughty Writers!

We've already had such fun organizing this change, I know the coming years are going to be a blast. I'm certainly committed to having more fun in 2007 and beyond. Which brings me to the second part of this blog: New March resolutions.

How many of you have...lapsed in your January resolutions? Come on, fess up! Lol.

I have...miserably, which has inspired me to get more realistic and to start fresh this spring with some New March Resolutions: the Do-Over you always wanted after two months of failed diets and being just as grouchy with your loved ones as you always were.

So here are mine:

1. Have more fun.

2. Eat more ice-cream, the full fat kind with chunky things in it.

3. Take more baths because why stand up when you can sit?

4. Hire someone else to paint my toenails when I can afford it.

5. Take long walks (or sometimes short walks) with the kids after school. Let them have their after school snack picnic style.

6. Introduce some flexibility into my discipline.

7. Dress up for no reason at all.

8. Get a funky hair cut and forget what I'm 'supposed' to look like as a suburban mummy.

9. Take everything less seriously including sick kids, life changes, and the fit of my jeans.

Your turn! God any New March Resolutions? If so, I'd love to hear them :).

Hugs, Love and Laughter Always, and thanks for joining us!

Anna J. Evans

http:///laughoutloudsexy.com

11 comments:

Anna J. Evans said...

Wow Anna,

Thos are fascinating New March Resolutions. So glad you blogged about them, lol.

Anna...all alone here on the blog?

Kelly Maher said...

LOL! You nutter ;)

Stacia said...

Great New March Resolutions!

I resolve to think hard before emailing from now on. Can't it wait? Yes it can.

Or to just generally stop being such a dork.

Anna J. Evans said...

Don't stop being a dork D!! I was just going to suggest something really dorky like I take pictures of this weird marionette I got in Mexico here in Arkansas and then mail it to you in England so you could take pictures of her there. Then we could send it to Kelly and Sherrill and Sierra and she could be our weird mascot who...travels...the world...by ...mail...I am such a dork.

Hugs Kelly, yes I am a nutter. I'm at peace with it. And I'm glad to know it's natural nuttiness, since I've been competely demon liquor free for nearly two weeks :)

Anna

Karen Erickson said...

Did you just leave a comment to yourself? LOL

Anna J. Evans said...

I totally did Karen :) I really, honestly did. I was tired of seeing the 0 down there when I came back to check for commenty bits.

Glad to see you! We've been getting blog-quainted the past few days.

Anna

Sherrill Quinn said...

What a bunch of nuts.

Good thing I like nuts. *G*

Anna J. Evans said...

Nuts are good Sherrill, aren't they? I'm addicted these lemon flavored peanuts I got in Mexico. I wish I'd bought more of them.

anna :)

Cathy M said...

There is just something about January and February that is so non-motivating. I liked your March resolution list. It's Spring, the sun is shining, flowers are blooming, and people are just so much happier. Time for sandals and that pedicure you have on your list.

Sierra Dafoe said...

Cathy, you're absolutely right. It is WAAAY easier to be motivated in March. Spring cleaning. Clearing up the yard. Packing away all those bulky sweaters and opening the windows...

I've been doing it all wrong!

-- Sie

Anna J. Evans said...

Yeay! Spring!

Let's start a movement to change New year's to a different springy day.


Anna