Friday, March 23, 2007

All About Me, it's all about me...

...and now I have no idea what to say. I never do when it comes to describing myself, or writing a bio, or whatever. My EC bio is my favorite. It's like three sentences long.

What about me? I was born in Illinois, I grew up in St. Louis, I lived in Florida for a dozen years and now I live in the southwest of England. Along the way I picked up a husband and two adorable little girls. (They were hitchhiking. Ha ha, no, the children came in the usual way. Or not so usual, as they were c-sections? I don't know. Anyway, they're here and they look a lot like me.)

And I always wanted to be a writer (among other things), and I'd done some writing before but never seriously, and after Girl 1 (the Princess) was born I wrote a romance novel. Because I like books where people fall in love. The book had rather more sex than a regular romance, because I like books where people have hot sex.

The book was also junk, to put it nicely. Full of cliches, fairly dull, and with a conflict straight out of "how to make your characters look stupid because they won't just have a two-minute conversation" school.

But I loved writing it. So I did another. And then I realized that there was such a thing as erotic romance, and fell in luuurve.

I sold three short stories to Whiskey Creek Press-Torrid in quick succession, then a straiht medieval to Trsikelion publishing, then an erotic fantasy romance novel called Prince of Death to Whiskey Creek Press-Torrid, and now I've sold two novels to Ellora's Cave (a paranormal I wrote with Miss Anna J. Evans, and a vampire romance I wrote on my own.)

I rant a lot on my own blog, and love it when people comment. I'm friendly (most of the time) and so are my regular buddies over there, so don't be shy.

I love to write about vampires and demons and faeries and other naughty bad boys with super powers, and I love to write historicals about tough men with big swords, too. I plan to keep writing both.

Here's an excerpt from Prince of Death--currently the #4 bestseller over at Whiskey Creek Press-Torrid! The book is available here!


His tunic was much too big for her. It fell almost to midcalf, and the neckline gaped open enough to expose one rosy nipple and an expanse of collarbone so delicate it made Cynwrig’s mouth water.
She fiddled with the string, trying to pull it tightly shut, but all that did was make the sides of the shirt puff out so she looked like a muffin with a head.
“This is useless,” she said. “I look like a finocha, a slave. I cannot face your people like this.”
Actually, Cynwrig thought she looked adorable, but knew she wouldn’t take that as the compliment he meant it to be. Instead he said, “I have a belt that might help.”
She nodded, and he turned away to find the heavy gold chain he wore for ceremonial occasions. In the mirror he saw her gaze following him, travelling up and down his body in obvious appreciation, and smiled. There was something else in that look, too. Sorrow? Anger? He couldn’t be sure, but there was no mistaking the heat with which her look caressed him. An answering heat flared through his body, hardening his cock and making his blood flow faster through his veins. Danu, she was a sexy woman. He knew she had an ulterior motive for seducing him, but he didn’t care. He could match her move for move and enjoy it immensely, and if she thought that meant he trusted her, so much the better.
She turned him on, and there was nothing he could do to fight it.
He found the belt and carried it to where she stood like a queen waiting for her courtier. She started to take it from him, but he shook his head. “Allow me,” he said.
Obediently she raised her arms to shoulder level, holding them straight out from her sides, letting him put his arms around her narrow waist.
In doing so his face came close to her neck. They’d both bathed again, and her skin was fragrant with herbed soap. Experimentally he ran the tip of his tongue up the side of her throat and was rewarded by her low hum of pleasure as she tilted her head sideways, exposing the slender column of her neck to him.
His hands slid tighter around her waist, scrunching the heavy belt between them as he cupped her ass and squeezed gently. Her own hands stayed where they were, in the air at her sides, giving him access to her entire body.
The posture of compliance was at odds with the lusty sighs she emitted as he continued to explore her skin with his mouth. Nibbling her tiny earlobes placed his nose firmly in the silken tangle of her hair, giving him a chance to breathe more deeply of her scent.
The belt fell to the floor, unnoticed by either of them, as he pulled at the string holding the tunic’s neckline closed. The white fabric gaped open again, her exposed nipples hard in the cool air.
“Beautiful,” he breathed, not realizing he was speaking. Her breasts fit perfectly in the palms of his hands as he caressed them, stroking from her collarbone down, rolling their hard tips between his fingers. He gave them a little tug, making Ayani gasp.
Glancing up at her, he saw she was watching him, her gaze steady, her eyes already heavy-lidded with desire. “It is not fair,” she said. “You can look at me, but I cannot look at you.”
“You could help with that,” he replied.
Finally, she lowered her hands, bringing them forward and running them down the broad planes of his chest to his waist. He watched as she tugged at his belt, undoing the clasp and letting it fall to the floor.
His eyes closed of their own volition as her slim hand dipped into the front of his pants, stroking his cock. He could feel the bead of moisture already at the tip, and Ayani ran her hand across it, using his own fluid as a lubricant to rub her palm over his engorged head.
His breath hissed between his teeth, the sound almost deafening in his ears.
He didn’t move as she stroked him, squeezing his shaft between moistened fingers. Her free hand cupped his balls, lightly scratching the delicate skin with her fingernails.
In one swift movement she yanked his pants the rest of the way down. He barely had time to register the feel of the air swirling around his damp cock before she was on her knees in front of him, her hands resting on the fronts of his thighs.

6 comments:

Sherrill Quinn said...

Great excerpt, December. Oooh, gotta love a man with a big...sword. LOL

Anna J. Evans said...

Lol Sherrill!

Loved the 'cerpt, and the intro. I quite enjoy hearing you talk about yourself December. We all have different styles and I think yours comes through even in your 'I don't want to talk about myself' intros, lol.

Hugs!

Anna

Stacia said...

Thanks, Sherrill!


Yes, Anna, I think "different styles" is a very nice way of saying "You're a big loonie, December!" Lol.

Anonymous said...

That was an awesome excerpt!

I'm half way through Black Dragon and can't wait to read Prince of Death!

Sierra Dafoe said...

December, you meanie!!! Just when things are really starting to heat up... Tease. Mumble,mumble now I gotta go buy the book mumble...

Hee! Great stuff! And Seeley, yeah, I'm really enjoying Black Dragon, too!

-- Sie

Stacia said...

Thanks, Seeley and Sierra!


I'm stunned people are actually reading Black Dragon, wow!